Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service &Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles

Our 2006 dodge 1500 4.7 4x4 stopped running while driving it

Customer Question

our 2006 dodge 1500 4.7 4x4 stopped running while driving it and the hot tran oil light was blinking and stayed on . but the tranny oil was not low or hot truck will not start now sometime it turns over a little and sometime nothing we replaced the starter what would causes this
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I' m Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I' m reviewing your question now, and I will be post back with your reply ASAP

1- the hot trans light came on , there is a temp sensor on the transmission , it is either reading correctly and your trans fluid is hot or it is malfunctioning and reading incorrectly

and putting truck in limp mode

2- But lets focus now why no start

3- has battery been checked for 12 Volts at the moment the key is turned from on to start , what you have on battery ?

4- have you checked the cable from the battery to the starter ?

5- what are you getting on starter when you try to start key in start position, have one person hold key and another person with a test light on the starter ?

6- starter relay been checked ?

please let me know

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
battery has been check some times a nothing and sometimes a clicking the starter was replaced yesterday

if the above i mentioned is all good then

i would take the steering cover off and look at my ignition switch wiring for evidence of burned spot or a bad switch itself .

if you test the starter at time of failure see if that switch is sending power to starter ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
thank you told my husband we will check it out

You welcome , i f you need anything else on it let me know

i m going to send yo the starting system wiring diagram on here ,so that might help him

it will be a link where you click on it and can see it .

Hope I was helpful to you

A Positive Rating is Much Appreciated

This Post Will Stay Open For You to Come Back and ask me any Follow up Questions you may have on this issue Even after you Rate Me.

Thank You
Chad Farhat ( aka -Customer)