-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)

My 2009 3500 6.7 seems to have suddenly lost a few MPG. Is

Customer Question

My 2009 3500 6.7 seems to have suddenly lost a few MPG. Is there a reason for this? Also a brand new air filter plugged up on 700 mile round trip. The only thing different on this trip thru the mountains was fog.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 3 months ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 18 years and I will do my best to help.

What was the filter plugged with? Is the check engine light on? Usually when a customer drives on flat land then goes to the mountains the air is lighter and you may encounter a loss of MPG. The air filter shouldn't get plugged though and I tell my customers not to run a K&N because yes it flows more but in order for it to flow more then it's got to have bigger holes and dirt particles will pass thu, so I always recommend a factory micron filter to ensure the air get's filtered properly..

Talk soon,