Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

My 2002 durango 4.7 makes a buzzing noise from the front it

Customer Question

my 2002 durango 4.7 makes a buzzing noise from the front it sounds like a buzzing solenoid and is intermittent
JA: How would you describe the sound? Does it happen more when you're braking? Shifting gears?
Customer: while driving comes and goes like i said sounds like a buzzing solenoid
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: if i can find what it is i'll fix it, this also happened a couple of years ago i thought it might be the tires noise went away the tires i have now are about 1 year old with less than 10,000 miles on them
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 months ago.
Does this noise only heppen when driving? If so, what speed? It could be the tires again or even a bad wheel bearing or something else in the driveline.
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 months ago.
If the noise is present in park and it is coming from under the hood, this might be the ABS pump or the serpentine belt/pulleys.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customeri saw your answer and it doesn't apply to my problem. thanks for your input on it
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 months ago.

Hello and sorry for the delay! So when do you hear this noise? While driving or when the engine is running but at a stop (in gear or in park)?