Amedee, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

I have a 05 Dodge Magnum SXT. I recently had the starter

Customer Question

Hello, I have a 05 Dodge Magnum SXT. I recently had the starter replaced and since then I have not been able to hold a charge. Replaced the alternator and same problems. It would start and run ok for about 5-7 minutes then start running rough and missing then died and left battery dead, charged battery and tried all over again. My friend took out my zener diode, which was scalding hot while trying to start the car, and he somehow broke the connector wire inside so I replaced the diode with a new one and now the car will not even jump start from the rear battery terminals but will jump start from the front power distribution box but will not stay running, dies immediately. I need some serious help here. Any thoughts of where to start troubleshooting?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 3 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.
Expert:  Amedee replied 3 months ago.
now the engine does not crank over without a jump correct? But even with a jump it will start and then stall? Is that correct? Have you checked for codes in the computer?