Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

I have no running lamps no power to the running lamp relay?

Customer Question

I have no running lamps no power to the running lamp relay ?
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: there is no power to the relay at all
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2005 1500
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: pulled the fuse box and pulled the board out to see if it has brakes it tested fine not sure what to do next
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: perarl I have checked all the fuses and relays pulled the fuse box a part checked the board for damage not sure what to do next
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. There are 2 causes for this: 1 the IPM (fuse box), and 2 the Front Control Module (FCM). If you see no issues with the IPM, then the problem has to be with the FCM and it will need to be replaced. The FCM is that slim module attached to the IPM and is fairly easy to replace.

I hope this information helps, and if so would you kindly take a minute to rate my service using the just answer star rating system? I can still help you even after you rate if you need me.

thank you!

Chris