Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech

Key in ignition won't unlock steering or start

Customer Question

Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. Try this: get a small hammer and tap on the end of the key a few times. This may loosen up the tumblers and allow the key to unlock. Spray some wd40 into the key slot also. Try that and let me know if that works.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It's a 2008 sprinter. It's all electronic. There is an actuator that releases once it recognised the key fob. No way to bypass it?
Expert:  Chris replied 3 months ago.

Oh ok. Yes the Sprinter van has a gateway and steering column lock module. I have seen either one fail and cause this issue. Your best bet is to have the dealer connect their scan tool and determine which one has failed. I am sorry but there really is no way around this. No way to bypass it.