Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

On a 2006 dodge 3500 cummins there is a component on the

Customer Question

On a 2006 dodge 3500 cummins there is a component on the frame rail under the passenger door connected to the heater hoses . What is this and what is it for
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Eric replied 4 months ago.

HI,

can I get the last 8 of the vin

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
6G279123
Expert:  Robert R replied 4 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Is it possible for you to take a couple pics of this component and post it here? If I can see for myself what you are referring to I will be able to tell you what it is....

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I don't have a way to take a picture
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I wouldn't think there would be too many items connected to the heater hoses
Expert:  Robert R replied 4 months ago.

The reason I ask for a pic is because I have yet to see a 2006 Ram 3500 with anything mounted to the passenger frame rail below the passenger door with heater hoses hooked to it. Do you have a smart phone? Most smart phones have a camera... If you can take pics of it I should be able to tell what it is...

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I don't have a smart phone or a media package for my phone. This item has an electrical connection ,an air breather and a metal flex pipe
Expert:  Robert R replied 4 months ago.

About the only thing that I could think it would be is some sort of coolant heater. Does it have a fuel line that leads to the fuel tank??

This would DEFINITELY be an aftermarket installation...

The electrical connection would be for the controls, the coolant connections to circulate coolant and the metal flex pipe would be the exhaust port..

Without seeing it for myself, this would have to be my best guess....

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

______________________________________

If you need additional information, don't hesitate to ask, I am happy to help as long as necessary to help solve your concern. Remember, a "Positive" Rating will not close this question, You can post a reply here whenever you want, even after rating my answer! .

Expert:  Robert R replied 4 months ago.

By chance does it look something like this?:

--->> Click Here to view <<---

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it looks like that
Expert:  Robert R replied 4 months ago.

Cool, This is a Fuel Fired cooling system heater. Depending on how it's set up it can preheat the cooling system in the mornings before starting the vehicle or it can serve as an additional source of heat for the HVAC system during extremely cold winters. This is DEFINITELY aftermarket as Dodge never installed these at the factory...

If there is any additional info you need on this, don't hesitate to ask, I'll do my best to answer any questions you may have...

Thank you,

Robert

______________________________________

Please keep in mind, If I haven't clearly answered your question and you need additional info, please don't hesitate to ask "before" you Rate my Answer.

Remember, RATING is REQUIRED to credit me for helping you!

A "Poor" or "Bad Service" rating does not automatically result in a refund so if you would rather have a refund, please reply and let me know BEFORE rating and I will submit a refund request with Customer Service on your behalf...

This site operates on the honor system, meaning I only get paid with a "3 Star" rating or better. Once you are satisfied with my service, please "Rate". Remember, you have already paid to use the site, all the rating does is allow the expert to be paid for his time. Expert Payment comes out of the fee you paid to use the service. Thanks in advance for a "5 Star" Rating.