Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Trying to decide how much it will cost to have the engine

Customer Question

trying to decide how much it will cost to have the engine replaced; labor only
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: automatic, 220,000
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: dodge stratus 2001
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 2.7 liter
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I want to purchase a remanufactured or used engine and have it installed
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Eric replied 4 months ago.

Ok, labor time is 11.8 hours including any transfer of parts such as alternator, power steering pump, ac compressor.

That will translate to between $900 to $1200, just depending upon the hourly labor rate of the shop you take it to

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Expert:  Eric replied 4 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Expert:  Eric replied 4 months ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?

Expert:  Eric replied 4 months ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?