Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Looking sensor bolt 5.9 liter dodge ram 1500. there are two

Customer Question

looking for crankshaft sensor bolt for a 5.9 liter dodge ram 1500. there are two bolts holding it in place , lost when replacing the sensor, unable to find repalcement...metric or standard
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Did you still need help?

Where have you looked already for this crankshaft sensor bolt?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
at dodge dealer, napa , on line sites. now it's your turn as I don't have a clue to the bolt size
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 months ago.

I dont know the bolt size either. You wont find that information. However, I know how to solve your problem. Will that be sufficient enough?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
need replacement bolts, bought several but they go in a few turns by hand, didn't want to tighten it afraid of stripping the thread, just get me something that will secure the sensor to the engine
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 months ago.

Got it. No problem. You have two options. (trust me, I have been down this road many times)

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
if you can't help me, why should I pay for "I don'T knows"...will call caRD COMPANY AND CANCEL. i PAY FOR SEFV ICES RENDERED NOT EXCUSES
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 months ago.

I CAN HELP YOU!!!

Expert:  Amedee replied 5 months ago.

Not sure why you would say that

Expert:  Amedee replied 5 months ago.

But if you want, your more than welcome to cancel now

Expert:  Amedee replied 5 months ago.

Are you going to let me help you?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok, waiting for the proper size..don't want to buy the truck to get the bolts, mine is just fine...because for two weeks I've been trying to get the bolts, internet 101...
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 months ago.

Again, you wont find that size and I dont know the size. If thats what your looking for, you can cancel.