bill
bill, dodge master tech
Experience:  25 years with dodge drivability and electrical expert
5203640

I HAVE A 2004 DODGE DURANGO WITH A 6 CD PLAYER... THE RADIO

Customer Question

I HAVE A 2004 DODGE DURANGO WITH A 6 CD PLAYER... THE RADIO FUNCTIONS NORMALLY BUT NOT SOUND COMES FOR THE RADIO SPEAKERS...WHO DO I NEED TO DO TO GET THE RADIO PLAYING
JA: Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: YES THE ONES I KNOW OF...ADVISE ME OF LOCATIONS
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: CHECKED FUSE UNDER DASH
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: NO, THE RADIO LIGHTS UP AND THE RADIO ALL SEEMT O WORK, JUST NO SOUND... I TRIED ANOTHER RADIO... SAME THING
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  bill replied 4 months ago.

you MOST LIKELY have a locked up or dead amplifier, this is EXTERNAL of the radio, first try disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes if the sound comes back then the amp was simply locked up (it's a computer and it can get confused and lock just like your home pc) and needs a software update to prevent this in the future.

IF the sound DOES NOT return then the amp is likely dead but first check FUSE 7 (25 AMP) in the INSIDE fuse box and see if it's blown

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I DIS-CONNECT THE BATTERY FOR 10+ MINUTES, STILL NO SOUND....I LEFT THE BATTERY DIS-CONNECTED FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE DAY.... LATER I WILL CHECK FUSE #7 IN THE FUSE BLOCK LOCATED IN THE LEFT KICK PAD. I TO UNDERSTAND THERE MIGHT BE A FUSE UNDER THE HOOD, IF SO WHICH ON WILL IT BE.
I WILL GET BACK WITH YOU LATER AFTER I CHECK FUSE #7 WHICH I BELEIVE IS BEHIND THE LEFT KICK PAD....THANKS
Expert:  bill replied 4 months ago.
according to the wiring diagram there is NO fuse under the hood for the amp since it is only live with the key ON the fuse is insider the cab