Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified
20625509

Alternator how to check to see if charge getting to bater

Customer Question

alternator how to check to see if charge getting to bater
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Mike S. replied 10 months ago.

Check the voltage of the battery with the key off. It should be just about 12 volts, start the engine, wait for a minute or two so the glow plugs will turn off, then check the voltage to the battery/s while reving the engine slightly. It should read above what it read when the engine was off. Normally around 14 volts.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
24 hours and have not heard from you please refund my money think you
Expert:  Mike S. replied 10 months ago.

What do you mean "24 hours and have not have not heard from you". It's the other way around, I am waiting on you.

On 11 Jul 2016, 5:30 PM, I said "Check the voltage of the battery with the key off. It should be just about 12 volts, start the engine, wait for a minute or two so the glow plugs will turn off, then check the voltage to the battery/s while reving the engine slightly. It should read above what it read when the engine was off. Normally around 14 volts."

Expert:  Mike S. replied 10 months ago.

Did that answer your question? If so, kindly leave me a positive rating, so I get credit. If you have any more questions, go ahead and ask.