-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

I have a 2006 Ram 2500 5.9 Cummings. When you let off the

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2006 Ram 2500 5.9 Cummings. When you let off the accelerator the rpms come down in stages. It does not smoothly or rapidly return to an idle. This happens warm, cold, in park, and in gear. Any ideas?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

It sounds like you have a leaking injector if it doesn't rev up and down smoothly.. You will need to perform a injector return test to fine the leaking injector or if they have never been replaced it would be a good idea to replace all 6 with OEM Bosch injectors and it should resolve your issues as well as you will get more HP and MPG..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Brad