Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

1999-Dodge Ram 2500-Diesel-5.9 lit-Bought fuel and truck

Customer Question

1999-Dodge Ram 2500-Diesel-5.9 lit-Bought fuel and truck stopped. Could not restart-when open water separator on pump get about 1/4 cup water EACH time try to start. Engine turns over very fast-just will not spark. Have less than 100,000 actual miles on it.Live in Tucson, Az.-Have asked on Edmonds someone indicated it was the fuel pump?-if water is being pumped up, the wouldn't the diesel fuel be pumped up at same time to the separator? I do not drive a lot anymore and this is my only way to get around-just need some assistance figuring out what is happening.Thx, Don *
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

Sounds like you got bad fuel and you now have a fuel tank full of contaminated water and fuel. At this time I would drain the fuel and lines and filter. Refill with new fuel and a new filter then prime the system and try to start the vehicle. Can you do those steps?

If you're confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris