HDGENE
HDGENE, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford, GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

My 2007 Dodge Megacab 4x4 Truck's Air Conditioning has not

Customer Question

My 2007 Dodge Megacab 4x4 Truck's Air Conditioning has not been working but every now and again it will blow cold....once the truck is turned off, it doesn't get cold again until when it feels like it....what could be wrong? It's about 110 degrees outside so I'd like to know so I can see if I can afford to get it fixed or try to do it myself.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  HDGENE replied 4 months ago.

Hello, check some of the basics, first when the truck is running and the ac is on, make sure the compressor clutch is engaged when it wont blow cold. If it has a condensor electric fan, make sure it comes on when the compressor is engaged. Make sure the mechnical fan if equipped on the front of the engine is blowing good airflow to keep the ac system pressures from going to high and shutting down the system. If the compressor doesnt come on when the ac isnt blowing cold will lead you in one direction to diagnose, if it comes on and not blowing cold will be another. So i would need to know what its doing when you have no ac operation

Expert:  HDGENE replied 4 months ago.

Do you need more help or information for this concern?

Expert:  HDGENE replied 4 months ago.

Hello, if you need more help let me know, If I was helpful, please leave a positive rating

Expert:  HDGENE replied 4 months ago.

Hello, do you need more help with this concern?

Expert:  HDGENE replied 4 months ago.

Do you need more help with this concern? The question remains open until it is rated