tims auto repair
tims auto repair, mechanic
Experience:  owned repair shop for 25yrs
14541291

I have 08 ram it's throwing a generator sensor gh code so

Customer Question

I have 08 ram it's throwing a generator sensor high code so check battery voltage when running pass side go at 14.95 but drive side at 12.36 what could the problem possible be
JA: Have you scanned the code? Have you tried to reset it?
Customer: Yes code was p063d I have reset and it comes back on also volt gauge in truck shows around 11
JA: What year is your Ram?
Customer: 2008 with 6.7
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes ,I've put new alternator in a 1 new battery on the drivers side it fixed for a bit but back on now
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  tims auto repair replied 4 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

from the way you explain..

it sounds as if you need to load test the batteries with them disconnected from the truck.

iy would seem your drivers side battery may have a dead cell and needs replaced

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Its a brand new one

new doesnt mean they are good..

do a load test on them both to see if the voltage drops on either.

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k1h5rhxbpl0vylw/0709-ram-P063D.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/k1h5rhxbpl0vylw/0709-ram-P063D.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok will pull the battery and take to the auto parts store to have them load test I also just put a new battery to put in the passenger side

take both batteries and test them,,be sure to do a load test

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok

thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok they replaced one of the batteries put back together making sure all connection are good and tie clean. Run great the rest of the day and a little this morning. Now we're right back were we started its throwing the code p063d and volt meter in truck is down .?

how many volts and both batteries with the truck running?