sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

My 2009 Chrysler 300 3.5l wont start wont click but has

Customer Question

my 2009 Chrysler 300 3.5l wont start wont click but has power. I had the battery checked alternator and starter checked all good what could be the problem. also changed the ignition switch
Category: Dodge
Expert:  david craig replied 5 months ago.

Hi Im david, did you have a new key coded to you new ignition switch?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
NO THATS NOT THE PROBLEM I PUT THE ORIGINAL ONE IN AND THE SAME

so the original ignition switch is back in....ok. can you hear the fuel pupm running with the key turned to the "on" position?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
YEA I HEAR IT. I CHECKED EVERYTHING EVEN SWITCHED THE STARTER RELAY WITH THE HORN RELAY BUT I PUT A TEST LIGHT TO THE STARTER RELAY SLOT AND ITS NOT LIGHTING UP

on the starter relay base, there should be a constant 12vdc and a switched 12 vdc with the key "on"

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Well i wont have a multimeter until tomorrow. Could it be a computer problem

with these cars today, it can always be a computer problem, but lets not jump to conclusions. have you already checked the battery negative cable where it connects to the engine? make sure its clean and tight

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I cleaned the connector and post still the same. But you know the battery is in the trunk. I have seen corrision around the post and liquid spiled out the battery. What would caused that. Had checked the battery one said it was good another said it was bad then took it to a battery shop and he said it was good

see what it does when getting a jump from another vehicle.

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Rather than an ignition switch your car has a wireless ignition node. This is a module that reports key position to other modules. If you replaced the WIN it would have required programming to the car and then the keys to the WIN before it would start.

You have a dealer level scan tool to do this?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customerno i dont have one. Ciuld that be the reason because it hust wont click or nothing

Yes, absolutely. If the WIN wasn't programmed to the car and the keys programmed to it then it can't start. It's going to take some electrical testing to determine the root cause of the issue, there is a good chance that the WIN isn't going to the crank position when the key is turned but it could also be a range sensor related issue, the starter relay, wiring, the starter, cables and connections, or the PCM may not be awake.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Oh wow. Ill g
Just have it towed to the dealership
Let me know how it goes!