Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

My 2007 dodge caliber check engine light is on and car wont

Customer Question

my 2007 dodge caliber check engine light is on and car wont crank, any sugestions?
JA: Does the light stay on solid or does it flicker? Any noticeable performance problems lately?
Customer: stay on
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I sprayed some starter spray on it and it cranked up and just went back off
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I cranked the car up 3 days ago with now problem and all of a sudden the check engine light came on and it woin start
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Cary York replied 6 months ago.

Normally the check engine light stays on with the key on and the engine off. If it will not start the light will not out. Not sure if the check engine light has anything to do with the no start. Do you have a scan tool?