virtual auto tech.
virtual auto tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 13 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop

07 nitro door locks wont function and no communication with

Customer Question

07 nitro door locks wont function and no communication with modules, a module scan says both bus circuits open
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: yes
JA: What year is your Nitro?
Customer: 07
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, checked all fuses, tried a junkyard tipm, same problem
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  virtual auto tech. replied 3 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.So in all of dodges wisdom they made it so that if a module failed and grounds out the bus line then you can't communicate with any module.Check and see if you can communicate with other modules. If you can't then one has failed. Start unplugging modules till you can communicate with the rest and lastly plug the suspected module in and if it goes down you found you bad module.Let me know if you have any questions or if I can help in any way.Thanks
I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.