Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I have a 2013 Chrysler 300 with a v6, The engine wont shut

Customer Question

I have a 2013 Chrysler 300 with a v6 , The engine wont shut off unless I pull a fuel pump relay, the instrument cluster says not in park , but the indicator on the cluster shows in park and the vehicle is mechanically in park , Any ideas please assist.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

If you put it back in drive and move a little and put it back into park does it show park? When did this start?

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
it does show park and it will show as I run through all the gears , and this started happening out of the blue a couple days ago.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 months ago.

The engine won't shut off because it's not showing park.. So your saying that after you run thru the gears it's now showing park, and will it shut off now?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No SIr , It will show park on the cluster , but there is an error message saying its not in park , when I attempt to push the button to shut off the vehicle it still wont shut off the vehicle, it will run it will stay on , but the indicator shows it as I run thru the gears ,for example Drive shows drive revers e shows reverse ,park shows park, but the cluster shows an error message saying vehicle is not in park.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 months ago.

Do you have a scantool so we can see what codes it has?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
sir I scanned for codes and no codes present