Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

Excessive fuel pressure, noise coming from tank area of car,

Customer Question

Excessive fuel pressure, noise coming from tank area of car , trouble fueling keeps kicking off and when i stop and loosen cap the noise from tank area stops u can hear it depressurize, sudden surges or stalls on slowing and turning and just yesterday very harsh jerking and suttering and a loudslamming noise( maybe broken motor mount on that one) rattles like something gonna fall off. Cuts out n sputters up to about 45 then will take off fine. Check engine light was on steady one whole day then it flashed all day today. Its a dodge stratus 2004 2.7l
JA: Does the light stay on solid or does it flicker? Any noticeable performance problems lately?
Customer: Yes performance was slowly declining until yesterday when light vame on it became drastically worse. Yest light stayed on today it flashed. Back when the perf started to decline it started burning fuses to the fuel relay i believe? 8&10 maybe ill have to look for sure but thats stopped now.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yez
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Tried can of fuel treatment injector cleaner and new gas cap my boyfriend also cleaned out a canister from under the tank.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: Thats about it i believe.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. It sounds like there are few different things going on with your vehicle. Can I start by getting your VIN and the codes stored in the computer?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Of course and thank you! Vin # *****
Yesterday 5 fault codes 1) po302 2-4) po202 5) po152Today 4 fault codes 2) po302 2) po202
Expert:  Amedee replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for that information. If you clear the codes, which code comes back first? Does the engine run rough? If so, at idle or under a load?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I can but will have to be tom.that ok?
Expert:  Amedee replied 3 months ago.

No problem! Talk to you then!