Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet

Are there any instructions on the internet that shows how to

Customer Question

Are there any instructions on the internet that shows how to replace a 2005 intripid rack and pinion
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Yes we are trying to remove the oil pan how do you go about doing that
JA: What size is your engine? How many miles since your last oil change?
Customer: 2.7 + 111000
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Jared D replied 3 months ago.

This is a really difficult rack and pinion to replace. The rack is removed through the engine compartment rather than through the bottom and shouldn't require removal of the oil pan.

Are you trying to get it out through the bottom or top?

Expert:  Jared D replied 3 months ago.

Also, are you sure it's not a 2004 intrepid? Dodge lists that they didn't make the intrepid in 2005.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It is a 2004 and that's what I thought I stayed it. We are trying to get downtown to through the top. Is there any written instructions you can send us the email? Otherwise we will stay online with you
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The most important thing is how to get the pin out of it. We know how we believe we know how to take it apart put it back together after that and we have all the tools but we're stuck on getting the pin removed
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Did you get my answers and questions? Is there any way you can tell me how long it will take for you to answer? Or are you putting this on my email with full instructions on how to do this? Thank you for your reply
Expert:  Jared D replied 3 months ago.

Sorry, I was pulling up a good diagram. There is a special tool for pressing out the pin:

Figure 18

Expert:  Jared D replied 3 months ago.

Sorry, it took me a minute to find a good one that shows the removal of the pin. Let me know if this helps and if you need additional info.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I went back and looked at the original questions I asked. Your technician put 2005 it is a 2004 I also stated that we are trying to remove the roll pin... Not the oil pan. Will I be getting an answer from you soon? I asked for instructions on how to replace... Will you be putting them on my email?
Expert:  Jared D replied 3 months ago.

Sorry about the automated assistant thing. Sometimes it doesn't get info right.

I posted the instructions here. You should be able to click the file I attached. As experts we don't have access to your email.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I just got a $23.00 charge on my debt card after the original $5.00. I did not call and talk directly on phone. Just waited for
Answer on a link or email. Please reverse that $23.00 charge.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Also thank you for the picture link. Don't have pin there an alternative?
Expert:  Jared D replied 3 months ago.

Sorry, I had to step out into the shop.

As far as the billing is concerned I can't do much other than refer the request to customer service.

As an expert on Just Answer I only get paid for my service here based on positive ratings from you, the customer. If you do not plan to rate, and therefore compensate me for my time, I need to focus my efforts on customers who will. If you are requesting a refund you will no longer be able to rate and I will not be compensated for my time.