gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler dealership technician
12249065

I have a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500. My accessory lights (tack

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500. My accessory lights (tack room, interior & rear loading lights) on my horse trailer aren't working. Is there a fuse for these? Where is it?
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: Wiring diagram for trailer? I don't know where the fusees are for this trailer, and I have only found 1 switch (Exterior tack room door light).
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My husband isn't good at this! I'm the fix it person in the family! If it's a simple thing - bulbs, connections, fuses, yes I'd like to do it.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The trailer is a 1994 Sundowner. Old trailer, great shape.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 5 months ago.

There isn't a fuse for just that circuit- you are going to need to test at the trailer connector station to see if you have power. Do you have a 7 pin (round) plug? If the alignment tab points straight up, the 12v power contact is the one at the top right. Check for power there.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have read in several places that the truck has an "always on" accessory fuse that is not "active" and may have a dummy fuse in it. Would that be under the hood?