sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have an 05 cummins 2500 truck, I just changed out

Customer Question

I have an 05 cummins 2500 truck, I just changed out injectors, started truck and ran like crap , drove it about an hr and smoke finally cleared up but I have more problems that wasn't goin on till I done injector job. Truck misfires and lower speeds but smooths out at higher than 2000 rpm , it smoked my passenger battery till it blew up, I'm running on one battery now at 14.5 volts, now I have oil leaking bad at rear main seal like coating the underneath of truck and a puddle of oil about 4inches round when truck is sitting off,,,, I checked for corrosive wiring and went over injectors fuel lines injector tubes and valve lash for my the third time now,,, brand new reman 50hp injectors and tubes for 2100$ and I'm becoming discussed with this miss for n battery situation and now to add the oil ,, I am lost
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The rough running is almost certainly as issue with one or more injectors. If the problem wasn't there until the injectors were installed then that points to an injector issue, and outside of fuel quality and compression issues there just isn't anything else that's going to cause this engine to miss.

Are you positive the oil is coming from the rear main seal or is it coming from the road draft tube? You may have excessive crankcase pressure.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Y hello sprinkles,,, thank u for the answer , you are correct,, I took all the injectors out and put my old ones back in and truck runs fine now, so I am sending them back for testing,,, the oil was due to valve cover gasket not being seated at cyl # ***** I must of bumped it during install on the rocker arm, so no more oil leak ��,,, The injector company I bought from denies and denies its a bad injector, I went over everything 4X and ended up putting old ones back and wha la!!! Truck runs fine,, thank u for your time

You're welcome and good luck with it!