Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician

I have an 03 caravan sport, 3.3 liter. The engine would

Customer Question

I have an 03 caravan sport, 3.3 liter. The engine would stumble hard while at the same moment the dash warning lights would light. a split second later all is running fine. This has been going on for a few months. It would happen then run fine for the next month. Lately however the dash warning lights will flash and the engine quits. I have to coast to the side of the road. This can happen at 70 mph, 55mph, or at 10 miles per hour. After coasting over to the side no electrical power exsits. no horn, emergency flashers, brake lights ect.... Engine does not crank. then after a few key cyles it starts and runs fine for another week or so. no codes are set. my mechanic looked at it but doesn't want to speculate on the cause. My gut is thinking power train computer unless there is some main relay the my be going out. It used to do it more when the weather was wet but lately that has not mattered. Also the engine could be fully warmed up or still warming. I'd really apprieciate your thoughts.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

I would check the power cable that goes to the main fuse box from the battery for a loose or bad connection. Look for corrosion. Also check the main ground from the battery. You more than likely have a loose positive cable in this situation.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means it’s no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you’re not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. Please use the 5 star rating system at the top of the screen, it would be appreciated. If you feel the need to rate less than 3 stars, please let me know why and what I can do to help you more. I do not get compensated for my time unless you rate me.

Thanks Dan