Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

When I"m driving the red dot come on if you stop and turn

Customer Question

when I"m driving the red dot come on if you stop and turn off the engine then turn on again it will not start. 3x to try to start the car went dead then wait 2 or 3 hours car will start no problem thanks.
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery? OK. What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: yes ! it turn over, battery is 5years old, its 2002 grand caravan sports.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no.. what I do is when I"m driving keep an aye on to red dot on the dashboard do not turn off the car cause it will not start again for 3 hrs
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I don't know I want this fix this the wife is so scared to drive
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. would you please send me the van's VIN number? I want to look up the option list and see which security system you have.

Chris