sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

I have a 2006 dodge ram 1500 and i hooked up a trailer to

Customer Question

i have a 2006 dodge ram 1500 and i hooked up a trailer to the wire harness and no lights worked on the trailer
JA: How old is your battery? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: not sure because i recently purchased this truck
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i checked the fuse seemed ok
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: well that i really need it fixed soon because i am moving out to the northwest and need it in a hurry
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You may have a handful of different things going on. The problem may on the trailer, it could be a wiring or connection issue on the truck, or an internal failure in the TIPM (module/fuse box under the hood).

After finding the lights didn't work did you try the trailer on another vehicle?
No lights work whatsoever?