Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

2014 dodge caravan. Red light on dash, car wont

Customer Question

Hello 2014 dodge caravan. Red light on dash, car wont start...jumped battery till it started then went to turn headlights on car shut off.
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: Engine not turning over...battery about2 years old
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We're on vacation a security guard is helping..checked fuses, disconnected negative battery pole and reconnected...jumped twice
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: We need to get back to the hotel its 2am..uhmmm by the odometer says no fuse and flashing
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

When you jumped it and it started, it stalled when the headlights were turned on. Were the jumper cables still connected or removed?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
We hit a curb when we were pulling in a parking lot..then when we went to start noticed the red light and wont start

Thanks, ***** ***** vehicle is running the alternator supplies all the voltage needed for all the electrical systems and the battery stores that voltage. In this case it looks like your alternator is not charging the battery with enough voltage and that is why it stalled when you turned the lights on which drew more volts than the alternator was putting out. Do you have a digital volt meter so we can do some diagnostics?

If you're confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you're not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris