Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

Why does my 2005 Dodge Magnum Hemi transmission parking

Customer Question

Hey why does my 2005 Dodge Magnum Hemi transmission parking light blinks? And it doesn't want to change gear?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. The problem is a speed sensor or solenoid in the transmission has failed, or the TCM (Transmission Control Module) has failed. What needs to be done is to ask a shop or dealer to read the Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) that are stored in the TCM (not PCM). Then you will know what sensor or solenoid has failed. If the shop's scan tool will not communicate with the TCM, and there are no blown fuses, the TCM has most likely failed and would need to be replaced. Now some auto parts stores can check codes in your TCM for free so ask them first. Just be sure that they can read TCM codes.

I hope this information helps, and if so please take a minute to rate my service using the just answer star rating system. I can and will be able to continue helping you even after you rate me.

Thank you!

Chris

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I fixed it it was a relay
Expert:  Chris replied 5 months ago.

Awesome! glad you found it!

Chris