Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

Am I speaking with an actual person, 98 dodge ram slt

Customer Question

Am I speaking with an actual person
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 98 dodge ram slt Laramie 1500 5.2 4x4 automatic
JA: What year is your Ram?
Customer: 1998
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. I pretty sure it's the flex plate broke. I had a mechanic put a new tranny, t.converter and flexible plate in
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I was driving and it just started making a spinning noise and lost all power and everything in my engine. Not turning at all, no belts or pulleys spinning and now just spins when I try to turn it over
JA: Have you checked the spark plugs? When was your air filter last changed?
Customer: The starter is spinning the torque converter but not the engine
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: Everything has been done within 200 miles
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Jerry replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

That does sound like the flex plate broke. Does it still just spin after the new one was installed?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Replaced and now motor turns over but no spark. Pinched the wire for the crank position sensor, put a new one in and fired right up. Next day it wouldn't start. No spark at all. Tried everything, ignition coil, plugs, wires, cap and rotor, cam position sensor, checked all fuses and relays
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What am I missing. Everything worked fine then nothing. I doubt the computer went out overnight but not getting any spark now
Expert:  Jerry replied 3 months ago.

Sorry, I thought that the engine was turning and the belts and all weren't. I will opt out and open it back up. Please DON’T REPLY to this post as that will lock the question back to me, also DON’T RATE THE ANSWER yet, someone should be along shortly, I’m sure, thanks and sorry I wasn’t able to help with it.