Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I have a 2008 Mercedes engine in my 2009 Fleetwood Pulse RV.

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Mercedes engine in my 2009 Fleetwood Pulse RV. I can hear air bleeding out at about 3000 rpm, the engine will drop 300 rpm when it makes the hissing noise. Is this the turbo or the air intake to the turbo?
JA: How long has this been an issue? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: 5600 miles, just happened last week when I took it in to be smogged. It passed the smog but had an engine code for turbo. The guy didn't give me the code number.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am just trying to find out if that is the problem and if I can fix it or not.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Nothing comes to mind.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 5 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Is this RV based on a Sprinter Chassis with a 3.0l Diesel?