Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

1995 Dodge Cummins the silver breaker in fuse box stays hot

Customer Question

1995 Dodge Cummins the long silver breaker in fuse box stays hot have to disconnect battery when not driving
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer. Is th8s the breaker for the power seats, power windows or ??Chris
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The power windows work doesn't have power seats it is the only one on the left if you open door look at panel closest to fire wall
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.

Ok, if you remove the breaker, what stops working in the truck?

Chris

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We replaced breaker with new one AC blinkers don't work havnt check fuses yet
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Everything worked with it out
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.

Ok, let me see if I can find a wiring diagram fir the truck and get bac to you.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.

I cannot get the wiring diagram until I get back to work on Tuesday. I will do that if you wish, or I can opt out of this question and let another expert try to help you. Let me know,

Chris

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Get back with us Tuesday I work on the road 3-4 weeks at a time home 3 days it's my father in law's truck we have just discovered he has altimers and he will not let us take it no where to get checked so I decided on this route thanks hear from you tuesday
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.
Ok, sounds good. I will get back to you on Tuesday.
Chris
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Chris this is Jim disclaimer *********** you were suppose get back with me today on 95 Dodge RAM disiel wiring diagram
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.

Hi Jim. I will pull up the diagram as soon as I get home from work in about 40 minutes.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.

Jim, I found the wiring diagram and see that there are 2 possible circuit breakers: 1 for the power windows, and one for the power seat option. Since you do not have power seats, that breaker must be for the power windows. But I thought you said everything still works if you remove the breaker correct?

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.
Jim, I found the wiring diagram and see that there are 2 possible circuit breakers: 1 for the power windows, and one for the power seat option. Since you do not have power seats, that breaker must be for the power windows. But I thought you said everything still works if you remove the breaker correct? Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.

H Jim. If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept in a positive way. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept.

Thank you!

Chris