Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified

Is there some kind of safe mode 5.0 radios? the radio is on,

Customer Question

Is there some kind of safe mode for uconnect 5.0 radios?
JA: Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: the radio is on
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2014 ram 1500 with uconnect 5.0 ra2
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Ive tried disconnecting the battery. Dont really know what else to do
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I installed an after market head unit amp to it.But we still cant get any sound after switching it back to stock
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Robert R replied 3 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Can we start by having you post the last 8 digits of the VIN so that I can do some research on this concern for you?

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Robert R replied 3 months ago.

From everything you described and the research from the VIN number I am suspecting that the audio unit has disabled the output for the speakers due to possible issues when installing the aftermarket radio.

At this time, the most likely fix for this concern is to clear all codes from all onboard modules. Unfortunately a regular "Generic" obdII scananer cannot talk to all modules to be able to clear all codes. Because of this, you will need a factory scanner (WiTech) in order to clear the codes and reset all modules. IF any codes return pertaining to the audio system, you can at that time diagnose the concern by the codes retrieved. If you can post any codes that are retrieved here I will help you get this figured out...

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Is there a way i can see if theres any trouble codes before i go to the dealership?
Expert:  Robert R replied 3 months ago.

Unfortunately, unless you have a capable scanner, there is NO way to view audio system related codes...

Expert:  Robert R replied 3 months ago.

Trust me, if you had anything disconnected while the key is in the ACC or RUN positions, there WILL be codes stored. There will be MULTIPLE codes in many modules that will need to be cleared.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok so the dealership will have the right tools to fix it?
Expert:  Robert R replied 3 months ago.

Correct, the dealer should have access to any and all tools required to do any repair to your vehicle..

Expert:  Robert R replied 3 months ago.

Please keep in mind, If I haven't clearly answered your question and you need additional info, please don't hesitate to ask "before" you Rate my Answer.

Remember, RATING is REQUIRED to credit me for helping you!

A "Poor" or "Bad Service" rating does not automatically result in a refund so if you would rather have a refund, please reply and let me know BEFORE rating and I will submit a refund request with Customer Service on your behalf...

This site operates on the honor system, meaning I only get paid with a "3 Star" rating or better. Once you are satisfied with my service, please "Rate". Remember, you have already paid to use the site, all the rating does is allow the expert to be paid for his time. Expert Payment comes out of the fee you paid to use the service. Thanks in advance for a "5 Star" Rating.