Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech

I had the transmission solenoid, pan removed with new filter

Customer Question

I had the transmission solenoid, pan removed with new filter and seals replaced about a year ago. Tranny fluid started to leak again. is there a line running to the tran cooler that could have been defunct, causing it to leak again? Added more tranny fluid to fill and with engine running it ran straight thru. Thank You
JA: What part of the car is the leak coming from? What color is the fluid?
Customer: Fluid is red and the car is a 2004 Neon SXT and leak is eithernear the solenoid or the tranny pan
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2004 Neon SXT
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Spoke with the dealer to see if they could diagnose the problem, but would need to be towed.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Unsure, because car sits so low to the ground to get underneath. Not sure if the same thing has happened again with repairs that were done before
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today. There are 2 transmission cooler hoses that can leak and maybe that is the problem, but the pan and or the solenoid pack gasket may be leaking also. But it should be pretty easy for a technician to see what is leaking after cleaning it off. If it drains off pretty fast like you say, then it may be a cooler hose.

I hope this helps,