Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified

Check engine light p2262/p226b/p2563 just started loosing

Customer Question

check engine light p2262/p226b/p2563 just started loosing power under load. happened in n Carolina, shut off started and it was fine and drove to home in merritt island fl no problems. checked turbo high pressure sensor tested oms and got 960 range was said ok between 600 and 1600 now stumped??
JA: Does the light stay on solid or does it flicker? Any noticeable performance problems lately?
Customer: stays on constant and lost power again today. may shut of and it be perfect but light stays on 106000 miles on this vehicle
JA: What is the model of your '104000 Dodge?
Customer: 250 dodge ram quad cab
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: took out high speed turbo sensor and cheked oms 960 ok per u tube video also this morning took out sensor next to booster air filter with air line in side of it and cleaned and put back.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: that's about all.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 3 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

I am researching this concern for you and will get back with you as soon as possible, Thanks for your patience while I gather the information needed for your answer. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks was just wondering when I might get some ideas?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Robert, If you would please call my cell 1-***-***-**** Thanks Jim
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Just wan ted to let you know it starts and idels fine, just got back from a 1800 mile round trip, freeway 75mph and had problem 700 miles back on trip, also today locally at my home. Looses power and won,t accelerate past 1000 rpm---shut off wait 2 - 3 min restart and accelerates?
Expert:  Robert R replied 3 months ago.

Hello, Sorry for the delayed response.

All the codes you posted lead me to believe that the turbocharger is sticking. This is normally caused by excessive soot build up on the sliding nozzle. The most common fix for this is to simply perform a Turbocharger Cleaning Procedure. This procedure uses a factory scanner along with special cleaning solution that is injected into the turbo at the location of the sliding nozzle. Usually this procedure fixes the concern allthough sometimes this is not successful and the turbocharger may need to be replaced. If you take it to the dealer for diagnosis, they can run the P2262 diagnostic test (Routine ran using a factory scanner) that can determine ahead of time if the turbocharger needs to be replaced.

For now, I'm posting some of the diagnostic procedures for the codes so you can have an idea as to what is done to diagnose this concern..

P2262 --->> Click Here to view <<---

P2563 --->> Click Here to view <<---

Read through these for now and I'll round up the one for P226B.

PS - Sorry, I'm not in a place where I can complete a phone request. Also need to let you know that there is an additional charge beyond what you have already paid for the question.. If you would still like a phone request, you should be able to initiate one from your end and if there is another expert available he will call you..

Thank you,

Expert:  Robert R replied 3 months ago.

one more thing, Can you post the last 8 digits of the VIN so that I can do some research on this concern for you?

Thank you,