Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I am towing a 1200 lbs 5th wheel and sometimes when going up

Customer Question

i am towing a 1200 lbs 5th wheel and sometimes when going up hills the truck make a revving sound and looses a power. It doesn't accelerate much but as it does the sound becomes really loud and feels like the engine is being overworked
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?
Customer: I changed the fuel filters about 1 month ago. It is a 2015 6.7 diesel
JA: What is the model of your '15 Dodge?
Customer: 2500
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Depends on what it is. I have a check engine light and need to drive about 2000 miles home.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: It only last a few seconds at a time when it happens
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

I see that your hearing a sound from the engine and the power is reduced as well as you have a check engine light on.. It COULD be many thing but the very first thing I really need is fro you to stop at a parts store and have them read your codes for free and post them here.. As soon as I know what codes are setting I will have a better idea on how to fix it and what's going on..

Talk soon,

Brad