Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.

The security system won't let us start the truck, Everything

Customer Question

The security system won't let us start the truck
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: Everything is locked. The key will turn Windows Orkney and the light that indicates the security is on. The battery is good and it does not turn over
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2007 dodge Dakota
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We put the key in the door to lock it and removed then put the key back in and unlocked it and tried to start it. No good
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: We tried to use the fob and that didn't work
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Eric replied 3 months ago.

Ok, we first need to reset the security system. In the engine compartment is the IOD fuse(20amp). It is fuse #6 and is for the security system.

Remove it for 60 seconds, then reinstall and crank engine. It should start at that point

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Expert:  Eric replied 3 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.