gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler dealership technician
12249065

I have a 4.7l 01 dakota. I had a serpentine belt break aamd

Customer Question

I have a 4.7l 01 dakota. I had a serpentine belt break aamd after replacement i have a very rough idle and shaking i have a p0351 code that keeps appearing now. I have replaced tps,iac,map sensor, plugs, cylinder one coil pack, fuel injector beside cylinder one. Im lost at this point. Compression is good.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Randall C replied 5 months ago.

hello, have you followed all steps in a diagnostic chart for the code or do you need the chart? I can not say what happened but trouble is isolated to #1 coil or coil driver for #1 cylinder. I can send chart and wiring diagram if need

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have not the code has went away and not returned after the new coil pack though as of now.

still on #1 ? and no code? if this is the case, the pcm just has not detected and all I can do is send diag chart for the code that was set

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
All cylinders seem to be firing now. There is a hesitation on the throttle the truck shakes while at idle and idle fluctuates drastically but once up to about 45mph+ there are no issues until low speeds and idling and also seems to be fuel smells and visible fumes in the engine bay.

I am unsure, I thought dealing with a hard code and cylinder misfire. i opt out and reopen the post to the other experts. One should be along soon to help

Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 5 months ago.

It sounds like you may have a bad cam sensor- often when a serp belt breaks, it wraps around the crank and flails around all over and smacks some things before settling down

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Okay is there anyway to diagnose that before i go buy one?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
if it helps at all it seems as if after the truck sits for awhile i have to pump the gas to get it to start
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
my speedometer is now stuck on max speed

Is the speedo always on max, or does it peg there after you turn the key on? That would seem to indicate a wire being pinched, shorting the circuit to ground.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Okay update. I have replaced map sensor,tps,plugs,iac, crank posistion sensor, cam posistion sensor, seem to have fuel getting to all injectors but i am misfiring on cylinders 1,2,4,6