-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)

2004 durango bad drain on battery nothing is on tryed the

Customer Question

2004 durango bad drain on battery nothing is on tryed the radio fuses.
JA: How old is the battery? Have you checked the battery gauge on the dash?
Customer: battery checks out good sparks when I take off battery cable. battery dead overnight
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes tried taking the radio fuses out
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: getting ready to take out one by one.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

What your describing is called excessive off draw, and how to find and repair it is by performing a ignition off draw test.. You will need a multimeter connected inline with the negative battery terminal and what your doing is monitoring the voltage draw.. Anything over .050 is considered excessive and once you have a reading you will need to start pulling fuses 1 by 1 until the draw falls off and then see what that fuse powers up and then disconnect the components until you have found it. We see glove box lights and radios at the top of the list for causing this issue..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,