-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

I have a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 that is losing power... It

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 that is losing power... It does'n't die just when you press the gas pedal nothing happens. Mechanic replaced the throttle body control and accelerator pedal assembly and it's still doing the same thing.
JA: Have you checked the spark plugs? When was your air filter last changed?
Customer: Haven't checked the plugs but air filter was changed at last oil change. It runs fine when sitting, cranks every time but will only go about a mile before stopping.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We are doing it ourselves.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: This happened a few weeks ago but not as often....could go a day or so before it would happen again. Now it is repetitive after only a few miles.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 6 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

Do you have a HEMI engine and if so was the accelerator pedal relearned when it was replaced? What codes are active?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We remived the negative battery terminal. The only code now is a Cam V I believe it what it said.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
it is a HEMI
Expert:  -Brad- replied 6 months ago.

Was the ETC relearned with a scantool after the ETC and APP was replaced? What is the actual P codes that are active?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My husband has a friend doing the work and he is saying there are no active P codes and that yes everything was reset.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 6 months ago.

The ETC will need to be relearned with a scantool and yes there should be P codes that I need to help get it fixed..

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Knock sensor!!
Expert:  -Brad- replied 6 months ago.

You have a code for the knock sensor? What P codes are setting?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Well the knock sensor wasn't it. It worked about 30 minutes and then back to square one. P codes are now...P0344 and P0405
Expert:  -Brad- replied 6 months ago.

The P0344 is for the camshaft sensor and the P0405 is for the EGR valve.. Have they been replaced?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We have replaced the cam shaft sensor already but not the EGR valve. Could it be the wiring?