Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech

Ac clutch running, no cold air at vents. freon line

Customer Question

ac clutch running, no cold air at vents. freon line freezing. there is a hissing noise when i turn on the ac and the it stops a few seconds after i turn it off
JA: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?
Customer: it is the a/c compressor cluth
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2007 dodge ram
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes trying to diagnose
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. You have a blocked orifice tube in the ac line running along the right fender area in the engine compartment. You will need to discharge the ac system. Then replace that line and the accumulator / filter assembly. At that time you should inspect the system for any debris that may have clogged the orifice tube. If so, have the system thoroughly flushed and the compressor replaced. If you see no debris, then just replace the line and accumulator. Then evacuate the system and refill it with refrigerant. That should get it blowing cold again.

I hope that this information is helpful and if so would you kindly take a moment and rate my service using the just answer star rating system? I would really appreciate it. I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me.

Thank you!

Expert:  Chris replied 3 months ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you still need further assistance. let me know if you do.

If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept in a positive way. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept.

Thank you!