Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

Have a 2008 Dodge Sprinter with 140,000 miles that is in

Customer Question

Have a 2008 Dodge Sprinter with 140,000 miles that is in Limp Home Mode. Have changed out the resonator and turbo seals and is still in limp home mode. Recently took it into a repair shop who claims they did a smoke test on it and determined my turbo had gone out. After picking up the van with the new turbo it drove off the lot in the same limp home mode condition. What are my recourse options against the repair shop paying for an expensive part I obviously did not need? Also, any ideas what the issue causing the problem might be?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 4 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Since it was in limp mode, has it been scanned for codes? Can you post any codes retrieved here and we can go from there..

Thank you,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Robert,
I will have to see if the shop gave me the codes it pulled using the Sprinter scan tool. I have a generic scanner that came up with P242F, P0110, P0100, P0299, and P2007.Thanks,
Expert:  Robert R replied 4 months ago.

It will definitely help if you can get the codes as pulled using the Sprinter scan tool. In the mean time, I need some time to research the codes you posted. I'll be back with you asap..

Keep me posted...

Thank you,