Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Won't crank starter good ,battery is good, 250000klm no the

Customer Question

won't crank starter good ,battery is good
JA: How many miles are on the car? Does the engine turn over at all?
Customer: 250000klm no the engine won't turn over
JA: What is the model of your '248000 Dodge?
Customer: dodge caravan 2002 ,3.3lt
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: chequed all fuses ,battery and starter
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: at the starter relay brown and white wire when the test light is on it the engine will crank but won't start
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 7 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

The best thing to do at this point is to scan for the "Diagnostic Trouble Codes" (DTC's) from the onboard computers. The DTC's are used as the Starting Point for diagnosis. They let you know which system(s) the fault is in. This information is of great value for correct diagnosis. As a Technician, my first course of action is normally to scan for the DTC's. If you can obtain these codes, we can more accurately and efficiently diagnose the problem. You can borrow a code reader for FREE at your local auto part store (AutoZone, O'Reileys, Advanced, etc.). If you post these Diagnostic Trouble Codes here, I can obtain the most accurate information to help you diagnose the Concern, and then point you towards the correct repair.

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

no codes

Expert:  Robert R replied 7 months ago.

Were you successfully able to connect to the PCM to retrieve the codes? What is the make and model of the scanner or code reader that is being used to scan for codes?

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert