karrs2fix
karrs2fix, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE master technician,L1 certified,Tech net training, Automotive training group certificates
17741603

While driving my Jeep the ETC light comes on and I lose all

Customer Question

While driving my Jeep the ETC light comes on and I lose all of the throttle. I can shift the trans in Neutral and turn the engine off and then back on and then shift back to Drive to keep on driving. Does this sound familiar? I only have 60k on this Jeep
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: it a 2012, no I have not
JA: What is the model of your '12 Dodge?
Customer: Patriot
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I have not tried anything yet? Im not sure whats wrong or how much it will cost?
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know? You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Dodge Mechanic. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: No nothing I can think of?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  karrs2fix replied 11 months ago.

Do you have the ability to scan the computer system for failure code information. If not some local parts stores or independent repair facilities will perform a courtesy scan for you. From there we will have a good diagnostic direction.

Were you able to have the computer system scanned for failure code information?