karrs2fix, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE master technician,L1 certified,Tech net training, Automotive training group certificates

While driving my Jeep the ETC light comes on and I lose all

Customer Question

While driving my Jeep the ETC light comes on and I lose all of the throttle. I can shift the trans in Neutral and turn the engine off and then back on and then shift back to Drive to keep on driving. Does this sound familiar? I only have 60k on this Jeep
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: it a 2012, no I have not
JA: What is the model of your '12 Dodge?
Customer: Patriot
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I have not tried anything yet? Im not sure whats wrong or how much it will cost?
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know? You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Dodge Mechanic. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: No nothing I can think of?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  karrs2fix replied 4 months ago.

Do you have the ability to scan the computer system for failure code information. If not some local parts stores or independent repair facilities will perform a courtesy scan for you. From there we will have a good diagnostic direction.

Were you able to have the computer system scanned for failure code information?