-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

My 2006 Dodge RAM 1500 crew cab - I replaced the passenger

Customer Question

My 2006 Dodge RAM 1500 crew cab - I replaced the passenger seat and now the air bag light is on. The harness in the cab is there for a sensor but my replacement seat had no sensor. The old seat was damaged in a fire and the repair place threw it away so it is not available
JA: Have you checked the codes? Is anything interfering with the seatbelt switch?
Customer: no codes. The drive seat belt switch works OK. There is no wire on the passenger seat belt buckle
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I was trying to figure out online what sensor to buy, If I can't then I will take to the dealer.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 6 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

So the only wire left without anything to plug in is the one on the buckle?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
There are two connectors under the seat. One connector looks identical to the one connected to the drivers side seat belt buckle.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The other is a square connector under the passenger seat that goes to another sensor

The only one not plugged in is the seatbelt buckle though, correct?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Here is a picture of connector

Do you just want to know what that goes to? Im trying to find out if you need a whole seat but you wont tell me if the other connector is connected.

That connector goes to the passenger seatbelt buckle Was that replaced?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The other connector is not connected to the passenger seat belt buckle

So you have two connectors not connected?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

And no wires coming from the seatbelt or the seat?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The wiring harness on the floor has 3 connectors. One is plugged into the drivers seat belt buckle. Another looks just like it and is unplugged. and the third is at the end of the harness under the passenger seat and is unplugged - I sent that picture
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
on my seat from the autoparts store. I do believe there was a sensor under the seat as it looks like a place where one was.

Im gonna opt out here. Im not sure what you got going on or what you mean. Lets see if another expert better understands the situation. Stand by and someone else should be along shortly.

Expert:  -Brad- replied 6 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

What codes are setting in the airbag module? You will need a scantool to retrieve the codes which will point you in the right direction to see what that connector goes to..

Let me know,

Brad

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am opting to go to the dealer to get this fixed. Craig
Expert:  -Brad- replied 6 months ago.

I understand.. Glad I could help