Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

I have a 2010 Dodge SXT Journey with row package factory

Customer Question

I have a 2010 Dodge SXT Journey with row package factory installed. Recently the lights on my boat trailer stopped working-all the lights on the car still work properly. My owner's manual shows two fuses labelled trailer tow-a 10 amp and a 20 amp(these are located in a fuse box under the hood). Both of these fuses checked good but I replaced them with new ones anyway. There is still no voltage at all going to the trailer tow plug. Is there a fuse panel not shown in my owner's manual; if not what is my problem-where do I look?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Your model uses what is called a totally integrated power control module to power up some of the feeds for the trailer.If this control module fails internally this causes this fault here.I have seen this module fail before needing replaced.Below is the diagram chart for your model if you want to test the signals from the fuses to see if the module needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete