Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  MO Safety/Emissions Certified on all makes and models with a strong electronics background aiding in electrical troubleshooting.
66997337

I have a 2000 Dodge Neon. reason it is blowing the #10 fuse

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Dodge Neon. For some reason it is blowing the #10 fuse when the car is put in Drive and the engine dies. it does it every time.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

Okay, first we need to address everything that runs off that fuse. Once that's done, unplug that load and confirm that the fuse doesn't blow any more. Once that's confirmed, replace that component.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Ok, What runs off of that fuse?

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.

It says that right on your fuse box. It may only be one thing like your shifter, but may include one or two more low amp drawing loads.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Step out of this question. I pay for answers. If I knew what the abbreveations ment I would have not need for you.

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.

Excuse me? What is it you don't understand, I'm here to help you. No reason why we can't play good together:)

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

I asked you what was on this circuit and you basically told me to figure it out.

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.

Sorry, it wasn't meant that way. I thought it would be much easier for you to read the panel cover.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

this is what the panel says

LDP ABS

PTU SOL

ENG RLYS

Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

This is usually a bad leak detection pump for the gas tank.

I am attaching a location view on the connector,, its under the car by the gas tank. Unplug it.. check the blue/white wire for a short to ground and if none is found replace the LDP.

Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for helping you.

Also please make sure you are rating MY service rather then the other expert since there are two experts here.

Thanks