rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

Where is the relay on 99 dodge ram 1500, 134000 mi new

Customer Question

where is the flasher relay on 99 dodge ram 1500
JA: How many miles are on the car? How old is the battery?
Customer: 134000 mi new battery
JA: What is the model of your '132000 Dodge?
Customer: 1500 ram
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes i just bought i havent tried anything
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: lights work but turnsignals dont
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

It should be located in the power distribution box under the hood along with more fuses.

Thanks, Ron