Robert
Robert, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

Abs and "brake" light is on. Both front sensors are brand

Customer Question

abs and "brake" light is on. Both front sensors are brand new. Getting abs code "front left sensor circuit failure" code. This was the same code I was getting before replacing the left front sensor. The right was replaced because it had rubbed and cut the wires. Any thoughts on how to diagnose this and get the lights off?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

What model year is your Ram 2500 4x4 Diesel?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
2004
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

Thank you. I am researching this concern for you and will get back with you as soon as possible, Thanks for your patience while I gather the information needed for your answer. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

There is two possibilities. Either you have a wiring issue between the sensor and the CAB or you have an internal fault with the CAB (Controller AntiLock Brake). You will need to test the wires from the left front sensor connector to the Controller. If the wiring is good, you will need to replace the CAB.

Here is a wiring diagram. Let me know if you need a connector pin chart.

--->> Click Here to view <<---

Here is the diagnostic procedure for the left front speed sensor

--->> Click Here to view <<---

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
please post the pic connector diagram and I will check the wiring. The CAB you refer to is the abs module? Thank you.
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

Ok, Here is the connector pin charts for the ABS Module (CAB) and the LF Speed Sensor.

CAB Connector --->> Click Here to view <<---

LF WSS Connector --->> Click Here to view <<---

Thank you,

Robert