Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

First, the vents 't change from floor anymore. This stopped

Customer Question

First, the vents don't change from floor anymore. This stopped changing slowly and now what change from floor no matter what. Big issue is, ac works but when I take a turn or slow down I hear a pop under the passenger dash and then it goes to straight heat. If I turn it off for a sec and back on it'll be ac again, but only till I slow or turn. It does not do this when I just press the brake if parked, it stays on ac.
JA: HHave you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: Yes, and no leaking
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2001 dodge ram 1500 5.2 liter 2wd
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The vacuum line elbow on master brake cylinder is good. Checked vacuum thing behind glove box that controls the flapper. It also checks out good. Yes fixing myself, I know it's just something stupid that would be easy to fix or replace
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No, no check engine light, I keep up all my maintenance. Besides this the truck runs in pristine condition
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. This has to be a broken door(s) inside of the HVAC housing. Are you capable of removing the dash and HVAC housing? Then you would need to open the housing up and inspect/replace the doors.