Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Proper way to test 1995 dodge intrepid condenser fan to see

Proper way to test 1995 dodge intrepid condenser fan to see if it still
Good ?

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. You just need to check to see if it is getting a power and a ground going to the motor. If so and the fan is not running, the fan motor is bad and will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Stick
One leed to one of the terminals on connector and one to the chassis car frame and with car running check to see if eventually my water shows electric ?

One lead on one wire going to the fan motor and the other lead of your meter on to the other wire going to the fan motor and your meter should read 12 volts.

I am glad I can help!

It has been a pleasure working with you. Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "Excellent Service" for assisting you today.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm getting number jumping everywhere no ready twelve or any number ? What does this mean ?

That means it is not getting power... provided you are testing it correctly

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Just to make sure I testing it correctly if you wouldn't mind , I'm sticking the Leeds from approve into plastic connector sockets that would connect on fan I don't need to have connector /harness connected to fam to see if it get juice correct ?

You could leave the connector plugged in or unplug it to check for voltage. It does not make a difference.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok I'm going to check
It again tomorrow better if it not getting electric fuses and relay good what else should I check ?

The entire circuit going to the fan. Do you need a wiring diagram?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yea that be great

You bet! Here you go!

I am glad I can help!